Unfortunately, it is not always easy to identify phishing as such. However, there are some warning signs to look out for that are good for detecting phishing.
- The sender’s e-mail address does not contain [@hostpoint.ch]
- Links do not lead to the [hostpoint.ch] domain
- Subject lines and headings create pressure or demand immediate action
- Very short deadlines (e.g. within 24, 48 or 72 hours)
- Price differences between the e-mail and the payment page
- Multiple spelling mistakes or even different languages in the e-mail
- Strange mailing time
Never allow yourself to be put under pressure!
If the e-mail text and/or the e-mail subject indicate a high level of urgency, then pause for a moment and consider whether Hostpoint is communicating with you in this way. If you are unsure, log into your Hostpoint Control Panel. Any payment reminders would be visible there.